Thursday, August 31, 2006

Pretty girlie things, and getting ready for school

Spent all evening getting Sam completely ready for school. He is now in bed, waiting to be tucked in, having an early night for a fresh start tomorrow. It's his first day at the college. I'm sure he will love it. First days have got to be fun, right?

Yesterday Mum was here all day and we took a drive to Craigavon where my Mum lost her purse in Matalan! Luckily someone handed it in, but we had some fun re-tracing our steps and looking for it. Mum was a bit panicky, as you would expect. I had to buy Sam some trainers for PE, and a pc mempory stick to take to school. We all had lunch together in Sainsburys, where Sam reverted to a 2 year old and ran riot. You can't blame the lad on his last week before high school.

I was getting stresssed about it all this evening, not coping with it. Trying to gather together the last few bits n peices he needed (a wash cloth and a tea towel !?!) I wanted his room tidied and he was doing it real slow. Just as my stress levels were bubbling over Jude came to me with a surprise. She had been quietly sitting in her room making me some beautiful things. I love the little things the kids make so much, they just melt my heart. Luke made me a picture today of worms - basically a lot of lines - there was a Mummy worm, Daddy worm, Sam worm, Jude worm and two Luke wormies! He had all the length corresponding with how tall we are. Here are Jude's beautiful things that she made me. Aren't they adorable? She's just adorable too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Sam! Hope everything goes well tomorrow.
I'll never forget my first day at school -- I had to walk 14 miles in bare feet. It was my own fault really -- I sold my new trainers to one of the other kids and missed the bus....

Anonymous said...

You have done a great job teaching the children at home and you have given Sam the best start any child would want as he now starts at High School. life. We will phone tonight to see how he got on. Love Jill and John

Tammy said...

I'm sure Sam will do great! How cute are those things that Jude made for you, and just at the right time too. I have a little artist too, and she really brightens my day with things like that too.

Roya said...

A very nice family you have. :)

Hazel said...

THanks everyone. I dropped Sam off at school this morning and he met an old friend outside who is going to be in his class. So they were able to go in together, which was good timing. He was very nervous, bless him. I'll hear all about him at 3.30 when he comes home. Can't wait to hear all about it. I'm pretty sure the first day is going to be exiting for him.