Wednesday, August 16, 2006

It's about time we decorated the kitchen

We've been living in this house for almost 2 years and for every second of it I've detested the colour of the kitchen walls. The kitchen units are quite dark anyway, and wouldn't be my personal choice, but the walls were a horrible mustard colour. Like a babies nappy contents. Yuck yuck yuck. So I finally decided to buy some paint and rectify the matter. I spent all day yesterday painting the kitchen walls, with a little expert help from Jude and Luke. I think the kitchen looks so much better. I finally got to display the beautiful canvas paintings that I bought a year ago, and they look fabulous in the kitchen. Here are the before and after photos...

BEFORE








DURING








AFTER

This is Luke's kitchen corner, where he prepares his own delicious meals. Above it is a picture that I embroidered for Jude. It took me a year to complete!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

see how straight my pictures are, i sholud take up DIY they are perfect!! The room looks great weel done the HAZE

Anonymous said...

Looks excellent -- you could eat your dinner off those walls.

Emma said...

Wow - it looks fab :-)

Marian said...

The room looks much brighter and cleaner, have you noticed a difference with the amount of light coming in? Does it make any difference to the colour of the kitchen units?

Tammy said...

Well done Hazel!! It looks great. I bet you feel better being in there too. I can't wait to do mine!

Hazel said...

The units dont seem quite so greyish now. They are still a strange colour of brown (not noticable in the photos) but they are more bearable. If I could replace the horrible worktops with a black worktop (with a kind of black granite look) the whole kitchen would look so much better. The work tops really do let it down. They are very old fashioned. But all in all it seems more open and spacious, and less imposing. The walls were a much darker mustard colour than they appear in the photos.

Anonymous said...

Looks lovely Hazel, well done to you all on such a great job. :-)