Sunday, July 30, 2006

Rain rain go away...

It hasn't stopped raining for days. I really need to get out into the garden to plant out some more lettuces and harvest some of the herbs. Harvesting herbs should be done on a dry day, to help the drying out process. This morning I got out for 10 minutes before it started raining and took some photos. It's amazing how much every thing changes from one day to the next.

The chamomile in the herb garden has flowered and I need to pick the flowers as I want to use them to make tea etc.
The nasturtiums have all seeded and I want to collect them too. They can be used to make a caper, or planted out next year. Im not sure whether picking them encourages more flowering.


Tomatoes which are not genetically modified come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, unlike the ones you can buy in the supermarket.
Luke's sunflowers are now over 8 ft tall! Still no obvious signs of a flower yet although from what I can just about manage to see there is something forming at the top of the tallest ones. (click on the photo to see the larger image with more detail)

Red tomotoes. Yum yum.

The onions are growing huge.

Today I noticed that all the pumpkins plants have flowered with gorgeous huge yellow flowers. There are quite a lot of them so it look's like there will be a bumper supply of pumpkins if all grows well. Now its down to the bees and insects to pollinate them for me.


The peas seem to be growing well too in this wet weather.

3 comments:

Marian said...

No wonder you all look so healthy and glowing - is it raining?

Hazel said...

Its been raining here for days!

Anonymous said...

We haven't had rain in soooooooo long. It's funny how different our climates are. Your garden looks great! I lost my herbs, to the heat. I'll have to start over in the fall. My tomatoes are barely hanging on, so we'll see.

Tammy(can't remember my blogger login right now, lol.)